A fantastic refurbishment and extension project in the heart of historic Oakham.
Runcorn Architects were approached by the Clients to undertake a complete reworking of the existing property, which had been a Physiotherapy Centre for several years. The Clients brief was to convert the existing structure back into a residential dwelling, including the following:
- Reworking of front elevation, removal of existing chimney and new dormer windows.
- Conversion of existing garage.
- Single storey rear extension.
- Various internal alterations including new staircase, ensuites and bathroom.
- A detailed review of the structures thermal properties was also undertaken resulting a a highly insulated refurbishment ensuring the property went above and beyond current building regulation requirements in the majority of areas.
The result is a property which not only meets the needs of the Clients but will also meet the requirements of the future.
I purchased a physiotherapist clinic in early 2022 with a view to turning it into a home suitable for currently active octogenarians, but with an eye on the future. Very substantial alterations were necessary and although my wife and I had the basic ideas of what we wanted, Tom moulded these into a finished property which we are proud of and attracts effusive compliments from all our friends.
Tom was very easy to get along with and crucially had good rapport with the local authority officers relevant to the changes we wished to make. I thoroughly recommend him!
Mr Newton (Client)
A project where Client, Architect and Builder worked seamlessly to ensure the project brief was met in all areas.
“It was a pleasure to work with Runcorn Architects on this project. From commencement onsite to completion the project was managed collaboratively with all concerned. Runcorn Architects operated with a “can do” attitude throughout which enabled the project to run smoothly and any queries on design were dealt with in a timely manner which in turn allowed the project to be delivered within the original programmed duration. Team ethic and clear lines of communication ultimately made the project a success.”
Jonny G – Director at Generation Timber (Contractor)